Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Highland Park Old-Fashioned Soda Fountain

http://www.highlandparksodafountain.com/


I had a Groupon for the Highland Park Soda Fountain shop.  Since I've seen and passed this place many of times, I couldn't pass up the Groupon!  The hubby and I decided to take the trek into downtown on a lazy Sunday morning (i.e. one where me and my workout partner decided to "sleep in" and not get up at 7am!). 

We got 2 soups, 2 sandwiches, and 2 drinks.  We both got tomato basil soup.  Hubby got a pimento cheese sandwich and absolutely loved it.  Note the bites in sandwich pics below.

Pimento cheese sandwich

I got chicken salad sandwich was very tasty.  The toasted bread was a great touch.

Chicken salad sandwich

All in all, I would definitely go back because I want to try a milk shake.  It's a cool, nostalgic place to go.  Definitely a neat place to take people from out of town or treat your little one to a drink here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment