Sunday, December 16, 2012

New Hobby - Sewing

During my maternity leave, I rediscovered sewing.  When I had time to do this, I have no idea.  I think I really just got my interest back into and spent time (and money) buying lots of fabric.  I don't remember what age I was when my mom taught me how to do basic (very basic) sewing.  I remember sewing a little pair of (green?) shorts for my younger sisters.  They wore it... like once!  I bought my first sewing machine when I was like 23years old when most people my age were blowing $100 on  booze on a Friday night!

Recently, my hubby wanted to do something nice for his partner teacher and the student teacher.  I suggested cute tote bags.  If anyone knows me well, they know I love bags of all kinds.  Now I can try to make my own bags!  So I made my first 2 official tote bags.  There a ton of free patterns out on the internet.  I used this pattern to make mine:
http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/07/tutorial-reversible-lined-color-blocked-tote.html

The only difference was that I did some extra securing of the handles since I wanted my tote bags to be able to carry things like laptops.

Here are pictures of the 2 tote bags I made.  They are reversible, but I didn't take a picture of the inside of it.  =/










I forgot to mention that I have gone back to work since my last post over a month ago!  Needless to say, I have even less time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment